Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Change Shoes and Socks

Boy o boy have we done alot of walking. Like so much walking that around dusk I like to go change my shoes and socks. You see, I'm trying to preserve the sexiness of my loafers. You can't expect to put so much constant wear and tear on your slippers and expect them to hold up.

***Thanks to Coca-Cola for keeping us hydrated***

We've been criss-crossing downtown Denver running into really interesting people who are passionate about change and taking an active role in bringing that change to life. It's been so inspiring to hear people's stories about why they are in Denver and what they envision the future to be. We've documented most of it and will produce it in video form shortly so I don't want to spoil it; however, the consistent theme is, everyone at the Convention has channeled Senator Obama's message of hope and change to drive them towards action. Even the dissenters felt compelled to take planes, trains and automobiles to Denver so that their voices could be heard.

Pardon my momentary corniness but this experience has greatly influenced my outlook on democracy. Like for real. Change requires action which means we have to stop whining about how bad things are and get on the grind to make things better. Admittedly that's a blanket statement but there's no universal approach to taking an active role in government. In plain terms, do something, anything...but merely complain.

(Stepping off my soapbox and changing from loafers to Air Max)





No comments:

A Lil Bit of Ticker Tape