Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early Voting with 2.0



I don't really live in Atlanta. Actually, I don't really live anywhere. But I am registered to vote in Georgia's Fulton County. That's pretty much Atlanta inside of 285. But I made sure to make it back so that I could participate in Georgia's Early Voting Program. If you have the opportunity to vote early DO IT NOW!!! Here is a look at my three hour experience. The larger part of my experience was filled with eavesdropping on people and their conversations about what the democratic process meant to them. Though process was quite lengthy, I must admit when I left the polls I truly felt as though my voice was recorded. I felt like I mattered. "Dad?" I said as my father answered the phone. "I am the first in our family to vote for our next President."

1 comment:

AssertiveWit said...

"...I don't really live anywhere"...you can't be a nomad all your life...settle down! (ummm, if this was George posting..if not, yeah you settle down too) LOL

5 hrs of standing in line for some people is no joke; it kind of liberates the spirit to see people believing in CHANGE...hope the spirit prevails!!!!

A Lil Bit of Ticker Tape