Thursday, October 9, 2008

"That One?!?!?"

Within the walls of ALBC, we have discussed our commitment to civic literacy. We are fully aware and have taken full responsibility for our endorsements and denouncements. But as the election day grows nigh, we must admit, it becomes even more difficult to disguise ourselves as unbiased.

This is, in part, due to being more than moderately well informed. That is the burden of being civilly literate. The other part? Well, the other part is due to a certain candidate making it easy to cast aspersions when he decides to be noble and refer to his opponent as "That One".
You see, "it isn't so much about preference, and it isn't about age, and it isn't about race. It's about respect."

2 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

I had someone read my blog about McCain disrespecting that young man and treating him like he just knew he was "an ignorant Black" and while they said they enjoyed my writing, they were appalled at the "ageism" I expressed. They went on to tell me how they felt and asked that I remove the Obama/McCain situation from our discussion.

Problem is, I would NEVER make a comment about one of my elders like I did McCain because THEY AREN'T McCain. My comment is in reference to the last thing you said in this blog; about it being about respect.

While I respect older people AS A GENERAL RULE, I CAN'T respect McCain because HE'S SO DISRESPECTFUL. Just gone call Obama "That One", like that MAN doesn't have a name....so all in all, even though I did crack old jokes at McCain's expense, it was more so about his lack of respect...not his age :)

Love this blog!

Jovian Zayne said...

McCain's statement of "that one" was indicative of his overall lack of respect for his opponent and office for which he is running. He and his running mate spend way too much time trying to relate, "be down", "friends" or "folks" with the American people. Mccain, take a cue from "that one" and step your presidential game up. We don't need another friend in the oval office we need someone who's ready to be the one. To that end, I'm voting for That One.

Oh yeah that song in the background... Duly noted.
Great job bbk. Only cause I won't type (2.0)

A Lil Bit of Ticker Tape