Thursday, September 4, 2008

Less than compalin arguement



There was a great article on washingtonpost.com (By Shailagh Murray)about Obama's direct reactions to the RNC- by direct, I mean HIM, not his peeps. I really love that he refuses to attack and do dirty politics as the GOP insists on practicing. At any rate, I thought he said some great stuff:) Enjoy!

"I think she's got a compelling story. But I assume she wants to be treated the same way that guys want to be treated, which means that their records are under scrutiny. I've been through this for nineteen months. She's been through it what, four days so far?" (On the GOP crying sexism) "They're talking about the three years of work that I did right out of college, as if I'm making the leap from two or three years out of college into the presidency. I would argue that doing work in the community, to try to create jobs, to bring people together, to rejuvenate communities that have fallen on hard times, to set up job training programs in areas that have been hard hit when the steel plants closed, that that's relevant only in understanding where I'm coming from. Who I believe in. Who I'm fighting for. And why I'm in this race. And the question I have for them is, why would that kind of work be ridiculous? Who are they fighting for? What are they advocating for? They think the lives of those folks who are struggling each and every day, that working with them to try to improve their lives, is somehow not relevant to the presidency? Maybe that's the problem." (On his 'lack of experience and work as a community organizer')

"What did you guys expect? I anticipated this last Thursday in my acceptance speech. This is what they do. They don't have an agenda to run on. They haven't offered a single concrete idea so far in two nights. They spent the entire two nights attacking me and extolling John McCain's biography, which is fine -- they can use their convention time any way they want. But you can't expect that I'd be surprised by attacks from Republicans. And by the way, I've been called worse on the basketball court." (On why HE's the man, lol)

I love this dude!

Only in America, is right.

***Kalia Booker***

No comments:

A Lil Bit of Ticker Tape