Monday, September 1, 2008

Her Voice: Politically INCORRECT Views on Obama by H.T.


I have recently been compelled to write on the topic of politics. I’ve had many interesting conversations concerning Obama, McPalin, and the African American status, scratch that black status because there are plenty of black people in America who are not considered Americans(but that’s another topic)…so lets get to it!

First, after posting a comment about McCain I received an email from a friend stating, “I could not help but notice that you both are definite supporters of Obama. I myself support Obama because of the significance of what he has achieved, but at the same time I am having trouble really deciding who to vote for due to his liberal policies and lack of experience. If you have any type of substantial opinion on either of these matters I would love for you to share them with me.” I read the email and it really made me think because at first I thought well no I don’t have any substantial opinion about his liberal views or his lack of years. I believe in Obama, I believe in what he represents and what he stands for and that’s enough for me! Then I started second guessing myself because I thought well maybe I’m caught up in the brand of Obama and I need to familiarize myself with the hardcore issues and what he’s really about. After a couple of days watching CNN and hearing the same stuff over and over, I’ve come to the conclusion that come HELL or HIGH WATER, I will be voting for Obama, but its important that I share why and how I came to this conclusion.

I don’t know much about politics.period. I recently became a citizen (October '07) and this will be my first time voting for anything. So, I never really got into politics because one, it was boring and two, I couldn’t vote anyway. But the reason I am voting for Obama isn’t because I know where he stands on the issue of space exploration when Earth becomes so polluted that our grandchildren will not be able to breathe without a gas mask. It’s because as an African, African American, and a Black human being, the “DREAM” is finally being produced as a movie!!!!! We are at the forefront of what all the other black “leaders” have been prophesizing. I use leader in quotations because, for me, it has become a very abstract word when talking about Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman…etc. these have been extremely influential people in the advancement of black people and have made strides in encouraging a very focused group of people, Black people. HOWEVER, with Barack Obama there is no abstraction about it! He will be the LEADER of the United States of America! That’s EVERYONE in the United states, and when you start to think about how much influence America has on the rest of the world, leadership starts to become Global…and that’s HUGE. And he’s BLACK! The movie is in production ya’ll, its just up to us to make it a blockbuster hit!

There is no turning back for us. Obama has single handily changed the CURRENT perception of black people in America. This, immediately, becomes a good and a bad thing. However, long term, it will advance the state not only of Black people, but ultimately all of America….I’m not trying to go to deep with my audience but follow me, if you will. I recently read a article about Michele and Barack and their relationship, Barack said in the article that his mother told him that she could tell if a country would develop depending on how they treat their women. Basically, making sure a woman had equal rights and was treated fairly would determine the outcome of a country. Well, I hate to tell ya’ll, but Black people are the “women” of America, and there is a direct correlation between the growth of the United States and African Americans (I’ll let you decide whether it’s positive or negative). I had to go deep to prove that this changed perception is a great thing! We are that much closer to that 40 acres and a mule! So much is about to change. It’s cool now to wear suits, when we go for that loan so we're not looked at as just another Black person who may or may not be about anything. You’re in a better position to get that loan cause if this color can run the free world, imagine how quickly I can double this investment. Hillary might have put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling but Obama bout to crack that sucka wide open. But here’s the trick, Black people now have to step their game WAY UP. There’s no more “man I hustle cause I cant find a job” my response “nigga (and I have no problems with this word when used appropriately…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga) did you know we have a Black president.” Get off welfare, apply to Yale, and play rugby, WE-HAVE- A-BLACK-PRESIDENT!!!! I never thought I would be quoting [rapper] the Game but, “F*ck Jesse Jackson cause it ain’t about race!” yeah I said it. Obama isn’t talking down to Black people he’s trying to prepare us, [because] it’s about to be a whole new ball game!!! There are no more excuses. Now when we talk people are really going to be listening so please make sure you can back it up. We as a people have become so comfortable feeling un-entitled. Now my child can say I want to be president and no one is thinking to themselves yeah right…especially black people because we are our own worst critics!

I don’t want to come across as the next Malcolm X, I am simply enthusiastic about myself, and being Black, I am naturally voting for Obama because he’s Black. And I’m here to tell you if you are too, it’s OK!!!!!!!!! If you know nothing about how he feels on the issue of oyster mining ... who cares! He wants to bring our troops home and lower gas prices…that’s good enough for me. I know a little about the NWA, ILLUMINATI, 5%, and PROPAGANDA to realize that politics are politics, talk is talk and whether OBAMA is part of the “master plan” at this point I don’t care because at the end of the day there are only two presidential candidates and I’m picking the one who looks just like me, AND WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE BEST CANIDATE ANYWAY!!!

So on that note, let;s address McPALIN. McCain I’m not dumb! And while I find you to be mildly smart only because the rest of the world is mildly stupid, you’re not fooling me. I know a Gimmick when I see one. You barely know this woman, in fact no one knows this woman. He couldn’t pick a Black candidate cause that would have been too obvious, he didn’t want to pick a more fitted suitor because that would have done nothing for his campaign. So what does he do, picks a Tina Fey look-a- like with 5 kids one with down syndrome. Super woman!!! Nonetheless, I have a hard time accepting that (God forbid) McCain becomes president and he dies (not necessarily in that order) and Palin become our president, she could make abortion illegal, or give every citizen a gun…not cool!

I am a capitalist at the end of the day…I am 'bout my money, so honestly it wouldn’t kill me to vote republican. But if I did I would be kicking myself for all the missed opportunity Obama as president will bring for me in the future. This has become more than politics and its OK because America is more than just in a bad situation we need a drastic change. African Americans need a drastic change. So, for me morally, politically, and selfishly Obama is my candidate and if anyone knows how he feels about oyster mining or space exploration please let me know, but it wont change my vote!

“The greatness of any product is measured by longevity, not success, anyone can be successful.”

Harriette Thomas, Liberian-American

No comments:

A Lil Bit of Ticker Tape